May I Help YOU.... Inspirational and Personal Development Speaker Lynn Rothfuss

Why Lynn Rothfuss Created This Blog

This blog is for YOU.



It was created with You in mind.



I'm in the PEOPLE BUSINESS.

It's about learning to comunicate with yourself first, then others.



Personal Development is critical to any business.

Building you first, helping you understand You.



NLP is a subject worthy of your attention.



I will help You understand how to speak and deal with the subconscious mind for lasting results.



Let us move forward and remain in the student mode to learn more.







This blog is dedicated to covering different aspects of running your Business using different stratagies to accomplish your GOALS.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hitting My Pause Button

In 2007 I sat next to a gifted lady at a seminar for 3 days in Houston, Texas.From time to time Deni has shared her thoughts and messages.I'm hoping to encourage Deni to create her blog soooo........


Today I would very much like to introduce you to the talented Ms. Denise Alvarez author of this article.



Around a week ago, I left my apt to catch the bus to the supermarket. Like many times, I was drained by week's end from my job. I remember having a bad tension headache that, stubbornly, wouldn't go away.


I walked a quick pace to the bus stop because the bus would be coming at any moment, and I've missed quite a few here in Florida when heading somewhere. In my peripheral view, I could see someone cycling down the street, opposite the direction I was walking in. I wasn't going to pay any particular attention to the person headed in my direction, I was on a mission and not in the best of moods.





The cyclist out on the edge of the street approached as I kept my sight and pace fixed. All of a sudden, I hear a voice cheerfully say, "Hello!" Since I usually return a friendly greeting, and not wishing to be rude, I looked in the direction of the voice. A woman who, at first glance, appeared to have some disabilities, was flashing the biggest smile at me, after having cheerfully greeted me. Her eyes and face glowed. I smiled back. The woman continued on her way, as I went on mine.


Simple occurrence, but here is what touched me... This person seemed to be out not just for a bicycle ride but, seemingly, on a mission to greet as many people as she encountered on her ride. She was out to perform a job and she likely did it with tens of people, if not more, before her trip was over. Her smile was something I briefly looked at, but her energy was something that mysteriously clung to me. In an instant, it mellowed me out.


I continued on my trip, boarding my bus, and heading to my supermarket. When I got off my stop, instead of heading straight to the store, I walked down to the St Johns River. I decided to hit the 'pause button' in my day and engage in a little consciousness of the beauty around me. I listened to the lap of the waves hitting the wall I sat on, I felt the breeze caress my skin, and I just took in the stillness of everything else around.


I eventually did get to the supermarket, but not before I had taken a one-hour walk, after sitting there for awhile, and discovered a park nearby. There, I again paused and just breathed, taking in the sounds of the river, as well as children's voices as they played and flew kites. Of course, not surprisingly, my headache kept diminishing in intensity as time wore on.


What a wonderful gift that smile was to me, causing me to hit the pause button in my life, allowing me to indulge in things around me, and allowing me to heal. Amazing that both good and bad energies can cling to us for so long...


Thank you, friends, for listening.

~Deni

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    "All Marketers Are Liars" Seth Godin Speaks at Google

    Seth Godin Markerts are Liars part 3( Final(

    Seth Godin Markerters are Liars part 2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbXsD3FnIZs

    Seth Godin 47 mintues a Pod Cast on "Tribes" his new Book

    Seth Godin speaks about Ideas that Spread, WIN

    Seth Godin Talks About When to Quit

    Seth Godin Discusses the Sales Funnel

    Seth Godin discusses the Mind Sets of Winners

    Seth Godin Speaks About Social Networking

    List of Books I have Read and Refer to Often

    • How To Be People Smart by Les Giblin
    • Law of Attraction by Michael J. Losier
    • Marketing To Women by Marti Barletta
    • Napoleon Hill's A Year Of Growing Rich
    • Networking with the Affluent by Dr. Thomas J. Stanley
    • Secrects of the Millionare Mind by T. Harv Eker
    • The Dip by Seth Godin
    • The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
    • The Go Giver By Bob Burg and John D.Mann
    • The Greatest Networker in the World by John Milton Fogg
    • The Healing Power Of Enzymes by DR. DicQie Fuller
    • The Leader in You by Dale Carnegie
    • The Millionare Next Door by Dr.Stanley and Dr. Danko
    • The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
    • Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    • Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want by Deepak Chopra